Healthy snack inspiration; courgette, banana and almond butter muffins. This plant based recipe includes a vegetable, fruit and a source of healthy fats, so it is ideal for fuelling your little ones with energy. They are really tasty and can be made with sugar to make them a healthy treat or without sugar so they taste more like banana bread. The muffins can be batch cooked and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to a month, which is really convenient and handy when you need a healthy snack quickly.
So make a batch of 12 muffins you will need the following ingredients and method.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 3 tbsps of almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium mashed banana
- ½ cup of grated courgette
- 5 tbsps sugar (I leave this out when I’m making them for Jasper)
- Thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together.
- Grease the fairy cake tray tin (I usually use coconut oil for this).
- Spoon the mixture evenly in to the fairy cake tin.
- Bake the muffins at 180 degrees in a pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Once baked remove the muffins from the tin and leave them to cool on a cooling rack.
Thanks for reading, Jen x
I got the inspiration for this recipe from another website but I’m struggling to find it again. If I do manage to find it then I will link it here.