I have been tagged by the lovely Beauty Of My Chaotic Mind to answer 73 questions from Vogue’s video series. The series basically asks celebrities 73 questions whilst getting an insight in to their lives and it has now reached the blogging world. This is a bit of a different post from me but I hope you enjoy getting to know a bit more about me and I would love to read your answers to these questions if you would like to take part!
1. What is your usual Starbucks order? I don’t often drink coffee or buy it out but when I do I get a decaf soya latte usually with some syrup (gingerbread is my fave!) and it’s a real treat for me.
2. What does your workstation look like right now? A bit messy at themoment because I have just eaten lunch but I always clear it at the end of the day and it is nice to come back to a tidy desk.
3. All time favourite food? I thought about this for way too long but I think I would have to say chocolate, I have a real sweet tooth!
4. Favourite author? I really like how Sophie Kinsella writes. I have read a few of her books recently and I am looking forward to reading more.
5. What do you think of open relationships? Not for me but you do you.
6. Favourite video game? I really like Ice Picker I think it’s called, on Nintendo, I get way to in to it!
7. Guilty pleasure treat? Watching a good film or TV series in bed with a takeaway.
8. Favourite film? Probably my most watched film is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I don’t know why but this film is my favourite of the series.
9. Favourite book? I love reading the Harry Potter books. The story and all the details are amazing and I really like how immersive it is. (As you can see from the last 2 answers, I am a massive Harry Potter fan, but who doesn’t love Harry Potter?!)
10. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram.
11. Desktop or laptop? Laptop.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? To trust my instincts when it comes to parenting because no one knows Jasper as well as me which I’ve learnt is so true. I also like ‘do what you always do and you’ll get what you always get’.
13. What project are you working on right now? I would really love to move house in the next year so I am working on get the house ready to sell. It’s really slow progress but I guess any progress is progress!
14. Favourite colour? Yellow.
15. Did you get good grades at school? Yes, I think I’m a bit of a geek.
16. Dream job? I think the dream for me would be a job that doesn’t feel like work rather than a specific dream job. I just want to feel really passionate about what I do and wake up every morning feeling motivated to get stuck in.
17. Played any sports? I am most likely the least sporty person you will meet. But I do enjoy walking with Jasper in the pram and doing workouts from Youtube at the moment.
18. Do you have a degree? Yes, I have a master’s degree in Physics. But now when I look at the work I did at university, I don’t feel smart enough!!
19. Nationality? British.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do? My favourite posts are recipes because I love taking the pictures for these and perfecting the recipe. But my favourite ones to write are personal experiences, that I think could help people, because I find the words flow really easily.
21. What do you like to collect? I don’t really collect anything but I have kept all of Jasper’s baby things and that’s quite a collection!
22. Describe yourself in 3 words? Organised, helpful and determined.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be? DJ J Pizzle haha!
24. Who was the last person you dmed? My mum about Jasper because she looks after him whilst I’m at work.
25. What’s on the top of your wish list right now? I would love a 5 door car.
26. Hogwarts House? As my mug says, Gryffindor.
27. How many tattoos do you have? I actually don’t have any tattoos, I would never be able to decide what to get.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? I am definitely most grateful about my breastfeeding journey with Jasper. When I was pregnant I really wanted to be able to breastfeed and I am so thankful that I have been able to continue breastfeeding for over a year.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? I think watching Jasper learn new tricks, his latest one is smelling his feet and laughing. I love watching him develop such a fun personality.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? I went to a mindfulness practice session on my lunch break and it has really helped to relax my mind.
31. What’s the best thing ever? Weirdly the first thing that popped in to my head when I read this question was houmous so I’m just going to go with that!
32. Favourite season? I love summer! The sun just makes me feel so much better and I like when its warmer because I am usually always cold.
33. Favourite holiday? Christmas, I just such a magical time and I love the festivities.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to most? Hermione Granger. I am a bit of book worm like her and I like to always be prepared.
35. Do you like surprises? I like the idea of a nice surprise but I also really like to be in control of situations too.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got? I think when James got me a necklace after Jasper was born with his name and date of birth on. I absolutely love it and wear it every day and I really wasn’t expecting it.
37. What’s a surprise that’s made you cry? When I found out I was pregnant with Jasper, I was so happy I kept crying on and off for the next few days.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone? When I got James tickets to the Harry Potter Warner Brothers Tour in London. He wasn’t expecting me to get them for him and we had an amazing day out.
39. Do you like muffins? Yes, I made Jaspy some courgette muffins and they were so tasty that I made more, but with some sugar as well, for me and James.
40. Do you cook often? Yes I really enjoy cooking so I cook most days.
41. What’s your favourite dessert? At the moment I am loving Bournville buttons for dessert.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? I’ve never been a massive fan of sticky toffee pudding but it’s James’s favourite so it has really grown on me the past few years.
43. Cake or pie? Probably cake.
44. What’s your least favourite food? I’m not a massive fan of spicy food, I can’t handle it!
45. What’s your favourite condiment? So many to choose from, my favourite savoury condiment is probably barbecue sauce and my favourite sweet condiment is probably a strawberry jam.
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat? Probably porridge, I love it.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called? Maybe something to do with nuclear physics but I’m not sure how good it would be!
48. Best animated film? I really enjoyed Inside Out, I didn’t think the story would be as good as it was. So I can’t wait to watch it again.
49. What had a guy done or said to impress you? I was the most impressed with James during my labour with Jasper. He was so strong and supportive and he really did just put me first, it was incredible.
50. Best thing to do on a first date? Be yourself and have fun.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date? Be mean to or insult your date.
52. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy can use on a girl? The only pickup line I can remember is “Are you from Mars? Because you look out of this world”. I don’t think I would find that too funny if someone said that to me though.
53. Best comic book character? Dennis the Menace. I thought of him because Jaspy is sometimes a menace when he’s getting in to everything.
54. What are the three things that are always in your purse? Phone, Keys and Purse.
55. Favourite drink? At the moment, a real treat for me is hot chocolate made with oat milk, so delicious!
56. If you could play an historical character who would it be? I think it would be fun to play someone like Queen Victoria.
57. Kittens or puppies? I know it’s not an option but can I say rabbits?
58. Favourite sushi roll? I just like sushi wrapped in nori, is that a bit boring?
59. What kind of lipstick do you use? I don’t really use lipstick because Jaspy would be covered in it if I did. I sometimes use lip balm though.
60. What kind of foundation do you use? I am currently using the Revlon Photoready foundation in shade Buff and I really like it. Before I found this one, I used the Clinque anti-blemish solutions in shade Fresh Alabaster and I really liked that one too but it is much more expensive.
61. Blow dry it air dry? I love a good blow dry but I definitely air dry more these days.
62. Who is your fashion icon? I think Kate Middleton always looks really stylish.
63. Favourite Disney character? I Love Nemo, Jaspy has always reminded me of Nemo too because of his big eyes.
64. What are you doing tomorrow? I am writing this on a Wednesday so tomorrow for me is the start of my weekend because I work Monday to Wednesday. On Thursdays I take Jasper to Tiny Talk which we really enjoy going to.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? I find Mean Girls really funny. I also really like watching stand-up comedies, like by Jason Manford, I know they are technically not films but they are great.
66. Movie that made you cry? Titanic always makes me cry.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be? Definitely Taylor Swift, although I can’t sing at all so I would just leave the singing to Taylor I think.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be? Constant chaos!
69. What’s your favourite animal? I think elephants are really cool.
70. Favourite illustrator? I actually don’t know any..
71. Person you want to have coffee with? James, we love a trip to the garden centre for a brew and cake.
72. What’s a country you wish to visit? Italy, it looks like such a beautiful place to visit.
73. Best way to decompress? I like to do something really immersive like a fun day out or create blog content, but I would like suggestions because I’m not the best at relaxing.